The first reference book on striptease.
Summary: If the representation of striptease seems simple , the basic scenario and the unsurprising purpose, the study of its development over the last century reveals a multifaceted show, generally unknown. Faced with censorship since its origins, striptease is also a valuable witness to the evolution of our walls. From the first undressings that appeared in France at the end of the 19th century to the new-Burlesque event, striptease is part of our culture. We invite you with this book to pass on the other side of the curtain and explore this fabulous universe.
On the program:
- The history of striptease, from its origins to the present day, detailed in four main parts.
- Biographical sheets on the great figures of striptease.
- A glossary of gender-specific terms
- An index of the characters and places mentioned
- About 200 photographs in color and black and white, including many unpublished documents.
Passionate about the glamorous imagery of the 40s and 50s, Rémy Fuentes has come to be interested in burlesque and stip-tease shows. The recent success of the New-Burlesque which updates the genre then persuaded it to describe this history, unmatched in bookstores.
Author: Remy Fuentes
Technical fact sheet: Text: in French. Format: 20.5 x 26 cm. 190 pages cardboard colored
Publisher: La Musardine
Collection: cinema photography